Trinity Health System’s Dr. Craig Oser brings an unparalleled level of expertise that uniquely qualifies him to perform a variety of reconstructive and aesthetic procedures.
When possible, he uses the latest, minimally invasive techniques and instruments that allow for smaller incisions and quicker recovery. He and his team also provide patient counseling, guidance and post-surgical care to ensure a successful outcome.
Craig R. Oser D.O., FACOS, specializes in a wide variety of surgeries including breast reconstruction, skin grafting, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and hernia repairs, among many other procedures.
Oser is a highly skilled double board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He received his degree in Osteopathic Medicine from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and is double board certified in General & Plastic Surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery. Oser completed his fellowship training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital and was the first D.O. ever to be Chief Resident of Plastic Surgery.
Oser brings to the Robinson Township area of Pittsburgh and the Eastern Ohio Valley region an unparalleled level of expertise that uniquely qualifies him to perform a variety of reconstructive and aesthetic procedures. When possible, he uses the latest, minimally invasive techniques and instruments that allow for smaller incisions and quicker recovery. He and his team also provide patient counseling, guidance and post-surgical care to ensure a successful outcome.
Procedures: Face, Ears & Neck
- Nasal Surgery (Rhinoplasty): Surgery on the nose may be done for functional, reconstructive or aesthetic reasons. Functional rhinoplasty improves the physiology of the nose by modifying its malpositioned anatomical structures to relieve a nasal obstruction. Reconstructive rhinoplasty corrects congenital or traumatic malformation of the nose. Aesthetic rhinoplasty modifies the shape of the nose in order to make it look more pleasing.
- Endoscopic Brow Lift: Much like a face lift, a brow lift raises the skin on the forehead, opening the eye to create a more youthful and inviting appearance. This procedure can be done endoscopically, which is an advanced, minimally invasive technique resulting in reduced scarring and eliminates the possibility of hair loss.
- Facial Implants: Facial implants can enhance your jaw line, chin, and cheeks. Methods used today can change your appearance immediately, giving you soft, natural-feeling results for years.
- Ear Reshaping: Ears, like the nose, are often a source of insecurity, whether from natural growth or injury. Oftentimes, prominent or congenital ears can distract from other features of the face. Ear lobes can begin to hang too low due to earrings or genetics, ultimately resulting in split lobes. Ear reshaping gives your ears the appearance you want.
Procedures: Lower Body
- Vaginal Rejuvenation: Childbirth, multiple pregnancies, genetics and age can contribute to excess skin of the labia of the vagina. Often times patients complain of pain during intercourse or of a difficulty maintaining good hygiene. Vaginal rejuvenation resolves these issues by eliminating excess skin resulting in a natural, more youthful shape and appearance.
- Thigh Lift: Like other body lifts, a thigh lift tightens the skin of the thighs and removes excess fatty tissue and skin. The results are taut, more attractive legs, and restored confidence to wear shorts or a bikini again. A good candidate for a thigh lift is one who recently lost weight and has excess skin on the inner and outer thigh areas. Liposuction may be used to enhance the result.
- Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction: Sometimes exercise and dieting doesn’t help people lose weight in the right places. When it comes to getting the body that you want, you deserve to have all the options available to you. Liposuction removes deposits of fat cells in problem areas, giving you the body size and shape you desire. It can be done in a variety of different areas of the body including neck, arms, thighs, breasts and back. It also may be used to complement other procedures to enhance the result.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is a procedure used to treat unwanted blood vessels, such as spider veins and varicose veins. Spider veins are dilated small blood vessels with a red or bluish color that can cover small or large areas of skin and become noticeable. Sclerotherapy irritates the lining of the vessels, causing them to swell and stick together and the blood to clot, then become scar tissue, which fades away. Most patients can expect a 50 to 90 percent improvement, however, fading is gradual. Disappearance of spider veins is usually achieved but similar veins may appear in the same general area.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty): The abdominal region is an area that causes many problems for men and women alike. It can be the result of excess fat, weak abdominal muscles, pregnancy or loose skin that has been stretched and no longer responds to diet and exercise. Abdominal weight can lead to discomfort and may even cause low back pain.
Procedures: Upper Body
- Male Breast Reduction: Gynecomastia (male breast enlargement) is a very common condition in men. It can result in terrible embarrassment, teasing, and social trauma. Many will try to hide it with thick shirts, avoid bare chest activities, and withdraw from public exposure. In other cases such as post-bariatric patients, who have gone through a significant weight loss or professional body-builders who have gained significant muscle mass, this procedure returns the breast to a size proportional to the body, resulting in a more natural shape.
- Breast Augmentation: How you feel about your body is very important in maintaining self-confidence and happiness. Negative perceptions of breast size and shape can be a source of personal dissatisfaction, robbing you of feeling good, desirable and normal. Breast augmentation or enlargement can help achieve the body and image that you want.
- Inverted Nipples: Inverted nipple(s) are often a common problem found in women and to a lesser degree in men. Nipple inversion can be caused by many factors, but is usually due to shortened breast ducts, which do not grow and stretch at the same rate as the breast. This results in an inverted appearance of the nipple. Treatment is simple and safe. Correction can be performed under local anesthesia often in less than 15 minutes. Patients report minimal to no discomfort following this procedure.
- Arm Lift: Like other body lifts, an arm lift removes excess fatty tissue and skin. The results are taut, attractive arms, and the confidence to wear short sleeves or tank tops again. A good candidate for an arm lift is one who recently lost weight and has excess skin on the inner and outer arm areas. Liposuction may be used to enhance result.
- Breast Reduction: Sometimes the breasts are too large and cumbersome, making common tasks more difficult than they need to be or causing chronic shoulder, neck and back pain. Over-developed breasts may make some women appear out of shape and overweight or limit their participation in certain activities and exercises. This often results in embarrassment or self-consciousness.
- Breast Lift (Mastopexy): Due to several factors such as pregnancy, time and weight fluctuations, breasts naturally begin to lose firmness and shape. A breast lift can restore your breasts with a firm, youthful appearance. New, minimally invasive techniques have made this operation more popular than ever before.
- Breast Reconstruction: Although breast cancer can be a devastating experience, the option of reconstruction can improve your mental outlook. The multitude of reconstructive techniques utilizing your own body’s tissue or implants can give natural results which restores a women’s sense of wholeness and confidence. This can facilitate the physical and psychological healing processes so you can resume your daily activities, relationships, and get back to enjoying life.