Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient, it’s a good idea to educate yourself about your rights and responsibilities. As always, our staff is available to answer any questions you may have.
Know your rights
- Tell your care providers everything you know about your health, and to let someone know if there are changes in your condition. Provide accurate and current health information to your health care team.
- Make known when you have advance directives and provide documents describing your preferences and wishes to the admitting staff or clinical health care team
- Ask for explanation and information if you do not understand what you are told
Participate in your health care by helping make decisions, following the treatment plan prescribed by your physician and accepting responsibility for your choices
- Demonstrate respect and consideration for other patients and hospital personnel
- Follow hospital rules and regulations about safety and patient care during your stay, such as those about visitors, smoking, noise, etc.
- Meet your financial commitments: Deal with your bill promptly, and contact the billing department if you need to make special arrangements
- Support mutual consideration and respect by maintaining civil language and conduct in interaction with staff and medical staff
- Tell your care providers and to be informed of the process to review and resolve the grievance without fear of retribution or denial of care