A compassionate and knowledgeable social service staff that is committed to assisting patients, their families and/or significant others to meet their individual needs at all levels of care. The assistance of our excellent social service staff is available to all Trinity Health System patients.
How can Social Services help you or your loved ones?
- Trinity Health System Social Service is aware that planning for your discharge or the discharge of your loved one may be a complex issue.
- Social workers are skilled and experienced in working with your healthcare team to assess the patient’s current needs and work toward an effective plan.
- When a healthcare emergency occurs, social workers are trained to provide patients and families with emotional support, assess needs, provide information on community services and make appropriate referrals.
Social Workers may:
- Connect patients with home health services to continue care at home.
- Assist in obtaining needed durable medical equipment such as wheelchairs or hospital beds.
- Help you choose and transition to another level of care such as a rehabilitation center, skilled nursing facility or an assisted living facility.
- Assist in completing advanced directives and medical power of attorney for healthcare documents.
When and how are Social Services available?
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:30pm
During Weekends, Holidays and off-hours Social Workers are on-call and available through the nursing staff.
The Main Social Services office is located on the 8th Floor at Trinity West.
The Social Services phone number is 740-264-8318.
Patients and family may ask their nurse to contact a social worker.
A patient’s physician, other healthcare provider or a community agency representative may request social services assistance.