Trinity Health System’s Prime Time Office on Aging is partnering with A&B Pharmacy to provide a COVID Booster Clinic on Friday, Nov. 11, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“Prime Time is happy to host a Covid Booster Clinic in collaboration with A&B Pharmacy,” Trudy Wilson, Manager, Senior Adult Services, Trinity Health System Prime Time Office on Aging, said.
“It is open to the public, not just senior citizens, even though it is hosted at the Prime Time campus,” she added. “Everyone is welcome.”
“A&B Pharmacy is pleased to be working in collaboration with Prime Time Senior Center for the Community Covid Booster Clinic,” Susan Tarr, representative for A&B Sunset Pharmacy and clinic coordinator, said. “Our staff from A&B Pharmacy will be at the Prime Time Center administering the vaccine.”
Currently, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the COVID-19 bivalent booster for people ages five years and older. It is recommended that they receive one bivalent mRNA booster dose after completion of any FDA-approved or FDA-authorized monovalent primary series or previously received monovalent booster dose(s).
This new booster recommendation replaces all prior booster recommendations for this age group.
“Vaccinations are a personal choice and if someone is concerned about the safety or efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccination, they should educate themselves by talking with their pharmacist or doctor or by going to the CDC website at cdc.gov,” Tarr said.
Key Bullet Points:
- Prime Time Center is located at 300 Lovers Lane in Steubenville.
- The Community COVID Booster Clinic will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., with shots being administered by A&B Pharmacy.
- This is a one-time-only event.
- Booster shots are free. However, please bring your COVID vaccination card, driver’s license, and your insurance cards if you have any.
- To register for the free vaccine, please call one of our locations: A&B Sunset Pharmacy at 740-264-5711 or Prime Time Office on Aging at 740-314-5197.