Steubenville, OH – March 1, 2023 — Beginning today, Trinity Health System is expanding the availability of the Community Wellness Program laboratory testing at its outpatient sites to allow for true “walk-in” options.
Since the Community Wellness Program’s implementation, testing was only available on specific days of each month. Now, patients can obtain these tests anytime during business hours at most of the draw sites.
“Trinity Health System’s Community Wellness Program blood draws are an opportunity for those within our community to obtain screening lab work to detect early signs of health problems and to monitor treatment of known problems without an order from their physician,” Theresa Clark, Market Director of Laboratory Services, Trinity Health System, said.
The screenings are available for $50 with the option to add additional testing such as Vitamin D ($20), HBA1C ($15), and a PSA Screening ($20).
Clark said the feedback from patients has been overwhelmingly positive, with many citing the affordability and convenience of the Community Wellness Program as most beneficial.
“Trinity Health System is committed to improving the health of those we serve,” Clark said. “This program provides our community an alternative option for obtaining a blood screening on a walk-in basis. The results are available in a timely manner and are sent directly to the patient’s home so that they can be shared with their provider.”
The Community Wellness Program laboratory testing is available during business hours at the following sites:
ExpressClinic – Cadiz
82424 Cadiz-Jewett Road
8 a.m. – 4 p.m., M-F
106 Plaza Drive
St. Clairsville, Ohio
7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., M-F
Trinity Medical Center West
4000 Johnson Road
6 a.m. – 6 p.m., M-F
6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., S-S
Trinity Twin City Medical Center
819 N. First Street
8 a.m. – 3 p.m., M-F
Tri State Plaza
4232 Mall Drive
7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., M-F
Toronto Family Care Center
1800 Franklin Avenue
8 a.m. – 12 p.m., M-Th
What is our Community Wellness Program? This program gives patients the opportunity to have a group of blood tests performed without a physician’s written order. Testing is not meant to be a substitute for regular medical care.
About Trinity Health System’s Community Wellness Program
• A physician’s order is not required.
• Tests are performed at Trinity Medical Center West.
• Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• The customer, if 18 or older, or parent/legal guardian, if the person is under age 18, consents to take responsibility for the follow-up of abnormal results.
• Payment is in cash or check and must be received at the time of service; insurance will not be billed.
• The results are sent directly to you within one week of collecting the specimen.
• It is your responsibility to share and discuss the results with your physician.
• Present to the Outpatient Registration area at your draw site of choice.